Gambling resources and support
- Prince Edward Island Gambling Support Line
- Prince Edward Island Gambling Addiction Services
- Lower Risk Gambling Guidelines
- Gamblers Anonymous is a fellowship of people who share their experiences, strengths and hopes with each other to assist themselves and other members of the group to recover from gambling. Both in-person and online options exist.
- Red Shores Racetrack and Casino – PlayWise - Online PlayWise Resources, and the Self-Exclusion Program.
- SMART Recovery is a leading addiction recovery support group. The SMART Recovery 4-Point Program® helps participants learn tools for addiction recovery and join a world-wide community that includes free, science-based mutual help groups. For more information, email email@example.com or visit the SMART Recovery PEI – Queens County Facebook page
- Centre for Addiction and Mental Health (CAMH) - Gambling becomes a problem when it affects a person’s daily activities, mental/physical health, reputation and relationships, and hurts their finances.
- Canadian Safety Council - gambling addiction
- Gam-Anon is a free 12 step self-help organization for those affected by the gambling problem of a loved one.
- Tips for families of someone who gambles [PDF]
- Youth gambling [PDF]
- Responsible Gambling Council
- Gambling therapy is a global service offering free practical advice and emotional support to anyone affected by problem gambling.
- Bridge the Gapp - Offers online resources for adults and youth. The website links to the PEI Bridge the Gapp program when you log on from PEI.
- Wellness Together Canada (WTC) - Help is just a click away! Offers a wide variety of Mental Health and Substance Use Supports. WTC services range from basic wellness information, to one-on-one sessions with a counsellor, to community support. Whatever it is you’re looking for, we’re here to point you towards the best resources out there. Take time to find what is appropriate for you.